Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Holidays Are Upon Us

Last Sunday, our Sunday school class, Crossroads, kicked off the season with a holiday-themed service project. We all got together and put together shoeboxes full of gifts for Operation Christmas Child. It was a great time of fun, fellowship, and listening to my fabulous Christmas CD collection. (Although, it would have been better if I had my new Funky Funky Christmas CD by NKOTB at the time, but I only had the cassette until Wednesday.) We were able to fill 12 boxes for children of all different ages. It was a blessing to know we were doing even just a bit to serve the Lord this Christmas.

Thanksgiving was a lot of fun this year. Matt and I had a nice quiet day with just the two of us, the Macy's Parade (did anyone else love the Special Needs Color Guard?), and the Dallas Cowboys. I made a delicious spread of just the foods that we like to eat at Thanksgiving and could handle as leftovers. I don't like any of the canned or boxed stuff, so I got to make it all from scratch. Since Matt usually cooks for us, it was nice to make an entire meal for him from scratch (that probably sounds so lame to my homemaking friends, oh well). We had Cornish game hens, mashed potatoes with chives and cheese, cranberry-orange relish, and apple pie. We went to our friends, Paul and Robin's, place for dessert on Thursday evening, so I got my pumpkin pie fix then.

Overall, it was a wonderful Thanksgiving and I feel very blessed to have been able to experience it. I am so very thankful for my wonderful husband who does so much for me and for our family (yes, 2 people DOES a family make!!). God has been so gracious to us!!!!!

1 comment:

The Myers said...

So glad y'all had a good Thanksgiving. Your meal sounds delicious. Love y'all.