Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween ends and MOVEMBER begins


As many of you know, I LOVE Halloween!!! I think it's so much fun to get all dressed up and welcome autumn into our lives. I've always lived in the south, and Halloween usually is the time when Indian summers are over and the cooler weather comes along (except, of course, in LA, where we only have 2 seasons--really really hot and slightly less hot). I love love love chilly weather!! I know there is much religious tension wrapped up in Halloween, but I choose not to get fussied up in that aspect. I love celebrating the fun that can be found in pumpkin carving, scarecrow decorating, dressing up, and eating candy! Growing up, my parents always made it about fun and family. I have lots of fond memories of Halloween. I could go on and on about my love affair with Halloween, but I'll spare you.

This year, we attended the Crossroads Halloween party at Hai's house. There were some fun times, yummy food, and creative costumes. Matthew and I decided to go as hippies, complete with Matt's facial hair. We also decided to implement an act of improvisational hippy singing. It was quite excting, I'm sure.

Mummy Dogs I made for the party

Joe and Ginger as rockers (Bono and Fergie-ish), in honor of the U2-Black Eyed Peas concert
Elizabeth the peasant
Nick as Superpoke
Postman Hai
The Nishizaki's as Japanese tourists
Carol and Mike (he's not so into Halloween)
Our hippiness
Our improvisational singing...
November 1 also marks the beginning of Movember. Matt's coming along with another blog about this, so just stay tuned...

1 comment:

J. Matthew Barnes said...

I really miss the fuman-chu. I wonder if I should have kept it for Movember????