Friday, October 30, 2009

A New Addiction...And Other October Fun!


The past few weeks have been riddled with excitement. The weekend after our anniversary was our friends' Joe and Ginger's wedding. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL!!! I think Ginger was such a radiant bride and the event was just all-around good fun! Matthew was a groomsman (I love him in a tux!), so I had a lot of downtime during the rehearsal and the pre-wedding pictures. Well, thank goodness I did!!! I got to entertain the 3 most fantastic children I have ever met, Hope, Ella, and Nate, who just happened to be the 2 neices and nephew of the groom. Now, I know I 've met some phenomenal children, I mean I work with them every day. But I really don't think anything compares to the 6-year-old, 4-year-old, and 2-year-old that I had the privilege of entertaining for most of the day and into the evening. I'm now obsessed with these children--as the pictures below will convey (posted with their parents' permission, of course). This, my friends, is why I love other peoples' children. I am now completely in love with, not only these children, but the bride and groom's entire families. They were so sweet and so much fun to be around! Check out the pics...

Rehearsal:

Our friend Sarah was also in the wedding (as was her husband, Joe, not pictured)
The Rehearsal Dinner at Texas Barn Burner, baby...mmmmmm


Wedding/Reception:

Matt and Joe, the groom
Matt and Joe, the groomsman
Matt and Nate
Alida and Nate
Alida, Hope, and Ella
Alida and Ella



Hope getting the dancing started at the reception
Nate, quite the ladies' man
Alida dancing with Ella
Alida teaching Ella to snap (this is a hard skill to learn)
Dancin' the night away...
The handsome couple....Mr. and Mrs. Joe Demers!!!!

The following weekend, we got to go to the U2 concert at the Rose Bowl. We were very smart (and lucky) in that we decided to not even try to battle traffic and just walked the 2.5 miles down to the Rose Bowl. The concert was AMAZING! At one point, Bono asked that all the lights be shut off and we all just held up our cell phones to light up the stadium. It was really neat-o!
The stage was crazy!
Bono doing his THANG
There were over 100,000 people there. It was a crazy mass of folks. Good thing I don't mind crowds!

This weekend, we also carved our Halloween pumpkins. I love love love Halloween and carving pumpkins is one of my favorite parts. A picture of Humphrey, our pumpkin from last year, is one of the first posts on this blog! This year, Matthew got quite creative and carved Aloycious, Mortimer, and Orville. I just scooped them out and made lots o' yumminess with their seeds (a la Toasted Pumpkin Seeds and Peppery Pumpkin Seed Toffee).

1 comment:

J. Matthew Barnes said...

Gotta love a cannibalistic jack-o-lantern!